You are here
Singapore’s 1st Indoor Butterfly Aviary
Enjoy up-close encounters with a variety of butterflies at the indoor butterfly aviary at HarbourFront Centre.
ACTIVITIES & WORKSHOPS
• Look out for butterflies from the Butterfly Park & Insects Kingdom such as “Common Rose”, voted as Singapore’s National Butterfly and the “Green Banded Peacock” which is usually only seen in Australia, Philippines, Malaysia, and Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Sulawesi in Indonesia.
• Join the educational tour to see butterflies such as “Scarlet Mormon” with its impressive display flights; “Paper Kite” that floats like a paper; and “Swift Peacock” that has attractive shades of bluish-green on its wings. The tour is conducted by a curator who will share insights on the life of butterflies, moth and insects, along with other fun facts.
• Take up the bug challenge at selected timings to get up close and personal with exotic insects such as the stick insect, green beetle and leaf insect.
• Learn how to use preserved wings to make bookmarks and crafts which you can bring home as mementoes.
Till 25 February 2018
Level 1, North Atrium
10am – 10pm daily
Redeem a pair of tickets to the butterfly aviary with a minimum spend of $158 at HarbourFront Centre. American Express card members only need to charge $128 to their card. Limited to the first 30 redemptions per day
• Redeem an exclusive holographic butterfly design red packet with a minimum spend of $108. American Express card members only need to charge $88 to their card.
• Spend a minimum sum of $58 at HarbourFront Centre and stand a chance to win the Grand Prize of a 7-night Taiwan to Japan cruise for 2 (worth over $9,600) or the Consolation Prize of a 4-night Taiwan to Japan cruise for 2 (worth over $5,300). American Express card members and Friends of HarbourFront Centre are awarded double chances.
Photos courtesy of HarbourFront Centre